Thanks to the discoveries of a task force made up of 7 young art historians, palaeographers, archivists and historians who dug through over the 60 kilometres of shelves at the State Archives, over 30 volumes were saved from decay and then restored.
The research conducted reveals astonishing information that rewrites the life of Caravaggio.
Under extraordinary circumstances, the visitor will be accompanied by the researchers themselves, who contributed to the discovery and restoration of documents, in order to experience the atmosphere in which Caravaggio lived in the city of Rome at that time. Tours will last 30 minutes and are open to the public as long as places are available.
Grand Hotel de La Minerve, 5 star Luxury Hotel, located in the heart of Rome, a few steps from Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain and facing the Pantheon, offers various convenient packages. One of this is Easter Package:
The Easter Package includes:
- Accommodation in a superior room for 3 nights, with continental breakfast by room service.
- Sunset cocktails in our breathtaking Roof Garden
- Easter Lunch for two in our Roof Garden restaurant (beverages included)
- Easter Welcome gift
- Rate is based on a 3 night stay and cannot be combined with any other offer
- Validity: from April 22st to April 26th 2011
Book now online and don’t miss this special occasion.